Saturday, January 17, 2009

To my beautiful wife...

3 Years ago today, we stood on Mt. Tamalpais in San Francisco and stated our vows of love to one another. In 3 years, we have had many great experiences with one another, and struggled through many challenges together. I love you more every day and will do so for the rest of my life.

Happy anniversary my love.

Our vows from 01/17/06:

Ashia – I love you with all my heart. You inspire in me, a side that I have never seen or expected. There is no one else I would like to take this adventure with. You stire in me a passion and excitement for life. I love the way you inspire me and make me feel supported. This is the beginning of the rest of my life with you, as my wife, my partner, I love you. Today I pledge to you:

To be supportive of your goals and desires

To be your strength in times of sorrow

To grow with you as one

To continually remind you of your importance in my life

To be patient and kind to you when you need me most

To be honest and trustworthy

Today I give myself to you as your husband and ask you to be my wife

Don – I love you, and there is nothing more valuable to me in this world than the love you give. The day we met, our connection surprised us both. It was exciting and terrifying and an answer to my prayers. Today I pledge to you with every part of my heart:

To trust you

To give to you generously

To celebrate your life’s accomplishments

To shelter you and protect you when you are scard or you are overwhelmed

To dream great dreams with you

To walk beside you in good times and hard times

On this day, I give myself to you as your faithful wife and ask you to be my husband from now to eternity

4 comments:

Just a "little" Crazy said...

OK Don. Not only did you get the computer fixed double triple quick...but now THIS!!!! How sweet and I cannot wait to meet you one of these days!!! Such a thoughtful hubby.

Don said...

Just to be clear - this was posted from my working computer... her's is still broken, but I have been working on it since it broke.

Just a "little" Crazy said...

Aw shucks...you're still awesome. That post will make up for any stupid broken computer :)

Tovah said...

Wow, so sweet!!

Happy Anniversary!